Five days to go...

I always seem to start my travel blogs around five days out from a trip. The reality is, there have been more than five months of hard work, planning and organising to get us to this point. What is "this trip" you ask? In five days 22 Scouts and I will be embarking on an amazing adventure through the highlands of bonny Scotland across the Irish Sea to the green hills of Ireland. From the top of Northern Ireland to bottom of South Ireland and in between we'll be spending nine days at the first national Irish Jamboree in 10 years.

For those of you who don't know me, Noel's my name and I'm the Australian Contingent leader of this group. We have 10 Scouts, seven Venturers and five other leaders all leaving different parts of Australia on or before the 15th of July, to meet up in Edinburgh for the first leg out our journey.

With just five days to go, I've got lots of last minute things running through my head that are keeping me awake at night. It's 12:26 am and writing the first post of this blog is one of them. As with my other blogs, this one is a bit of a journal of the trip that I, and hopefully my kids, can look back on in years to come - particularly if my memory fades!

So if you don't mind a bit of a yarn, or have a family member attending, hit subscribe and stay tuned to hear all about our adventures over the next three and a half weeks.



Comments

  1. Have fun Noel. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Look forward to reading more and hearing your adventure.

    Cheers
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe and enjoyable trip - http://amediadragon.blogspot.com/2018/07/v-r-b-o-v-of-high-tatra-fame.html in 2019 you should visit the Healthy High Tatra Mountains ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Edinburgh - Our First Day

Five minutes to take off